Guacamole is one of the most popular Latin dishes in the world, especially when it comes to Mexican food! But this delicious dish is common throughout Latin America and there are variations in its preparation, depending on the country.
For all that, there are countless recipes and ways to prepare Guacamole running on the Internet. However, at the request of many readers of Viajando Fácil, here we bring you the recipe for Colombian Guacamole very similar to Mexican Guacamole (only less spicy).
Ingredients to prepare your Colombian Guacamole:
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Preparation of Colombian Guacamole:
1. To find out if the avocados are ready, press the fruit and see if there is a fingerprint. If it is too hard, it means that the avocado is not yet ripe enough to make guacamole.
2. Cut the onion and tomato into small cubes.
3. Cut the cilantro as thinly as possible.
4. Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds. Remove the fruit pulp with the aid of a spoon and place it in a bowl or round plate, where you will make the guacamole.
5. With a fork, start mashing the avocado until it is like a cream or paste.
6. When you achieve this creamy texture, add the onion and cilantro and mix. Then add the diced tomatoes and continue stirring until the mixture is completely integrated.
7. Then add the lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Stir well to mix all the ingredients and check that the amount of salt is sufficient.
8. To make it spicy, add pepper to taste.
Ready!!! You already have your Colombian Guacamole! You can eat as you like: with tacos, burritos or if you are in Colombia on a good barbecue (with salted potatoes). Enjoy!
Did you like our guacamole recipe? Did you know that in Colombia we eat Guacamole with salted potatoes on barbecues? Yes, sometimes they are more important than meats! Hehehe…
Leave your comment about our recipe below: